- I got my first flat tire on Monday night. Who saves the day? USAA, of course. At this point I'm pretty sure that if I say much more about USAA y'all are going to think I'm being paid, but they're great. Again. Still. Always and forever, I'm thinking. I called roadside assistance, they were there in 20 minutes, they towed my car to the tire shop. Done and done.
- I've been watching next to no television lately, but I had the TV on last night as I was doing some work when I heard a Volvo commercial. Since I drive a Volvo, I tuned in. That and because there was something really strange going on. Robert Pattinson was in the commercial. Now don't get me wrong, he's nice to look at, but never have I wanted to disassociate myself with driving a Volvo until I saw this. I know some of you out there are Twighlight fans...or Twilies or Lighties...or whatever y'all call yourselves, but c-o-m-e o-n. Seriously? Somehow Twighlight and Volvo are a mismatch for me. Right? The targeting just seems a bit off. According to a branding trade e-mail I got today, a Volvo rep has said about the campaign, “This campaign reflects Volvo's belief that there are more important things in life than your car, like the rich experiences a car brings and the people you bring along for the ride.” Dislike.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Oh, Volvo
Two car-related topics:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Edward Cullen drives a "super shiny Volvo" in the Twilight series, so they are TOTALLY playing off the craze that teen girls will either want one for themselves or find a guy who drives one (so they can pretend its Edward in the drivers seat). And parents can be like "yeah sure, volvo's are safe, ok". Sales will surely skyrocket.
ReplyDeleteI wonder how much Robert Pattinson is paid to do those commercials?
BHAHAHAHHAHAHA. I kind of love it. I also love USAA. just.as.much!
ReplyDelete