Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Intern Season

'Tis the season for interns. Apparently we have a bunch of horny men at The Richards Group, because they get excited for "intern season" when lots of SMU girls parade around the office (and walk up the stairs) in their not-even-close-to-work-appropriate skirts.

Over the years there have been a few exceptions to my disdain for interns, but only a few. My overall complaint is this – they can't/don't/won't do what you ask them, you have to check all of their work then either re-explain what they need to do or (if you're smart) just do it yourself. Even I feel bad for the ones who get me as their mentor. ;) 

Last year I had an intern named Llama. She was not particularly helpful, but her name was pretty entertaining. Now I'm working with a girl who just left me a note that said, "I thought we have a meeting with you at 2pm." Sigh. I thought we not. 

1 comment:

  1. oh llama - as soon as i read the word "intern" on your blog, i thought of her. if only the picture in my head matched her in real life - it would be hilarious. good luck this "season" to you and your illiterate intern

    ReplyDelete