Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Girl Got Her Hair Did

I have to admit, this is not even really worthy of a post, but assuming I look back at this blog as a journal of sorts one day, it seems worth mentioning. Here's the story – for a long time, I’ve thought it would be fun to dye my hair blonde, but for whatever reason I never have. Then, about three weeks ago, I  – with a little urging from my mom and Lizzi – went for it. 

Round one didn’t go so great, so I went back for a redo the next day and ended up in a better place. I have to say – as someone who'd never died my hair before – it was pretty weird changing it up. I went to Austin right after I had it done and told all my friends that I felt like a prostitute (which I did), and that they should call me “Honey” (which they did not). Flash forward 3-weeks and I’m feeling much better about it. In fact, I think next time I go I’ll have her beam me up a little blonder. Anne has already assured me that she'll let me know when/if I go too far. Fingers crossed that I'm able to self-moderate so that day doesn't come. I'm not counting on it. In the meantime, I'm going to work on convincing people that I'm still a "natural" sort of girl. The whole thing still freaks me out just a bit.

1 comment:

  1. ummmmm....you didn't tell me I could call you Honey! I would have taken you up on it. I think I should do so now. It IS a prostitute name, but that's ok.

    My sisters...honey and booger...

    ReplyDelete