Monday, June 28, 2010
Funny Girl
Last week I got a Daily Candy e-mail alert that Heather McDonald – a comedian who’s regularly on Chelsea Lately – would be performing at a comedy club in Dallas. I didn’t reeaaaallly know who she was, but I recognized her face from the show (which I love) and figured it might be fun. So on Saturday night, Lizzi, Sarai, and I went to see her and it was H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S. Like, so awesome. I haven't been to a ton of other comedy shows, but a couple, and this was by far the best. There were two warm-up acts – both were pretty good – then Heather came out and was A-mazing. She did a bunch of impersonations, including: Drew Barrymore (my personal fave), her husband's Asian ex-wife (hilarious), and Celine Deon (creepy, but hilarious too). She'd also throw in random high-kick here and there – just out of nowhere. What?!?! Definitely well worth the $10. Check out her reel here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment