Monday, September 13, 2010

New Place. New Season.

Title Disclaimer: "New Season" is not intended to be a metaphor for a new stage in my life. It's football season, suckas!!! 

Version one of this post began like this…How does that country song go? “You’re lookin’ good, it’s been awhile…” However it goes, the point is I’m baaaack! 

Upon consulting Google, however, the tinsy bit more accurate version would read…How does that Bon Jovi song go? “How’s your life? It’s been awhile. God it’s good to see your smile.” 

Po-ta-to. Puh-tah-to. Turns out the real lyrics don’t make any sense to announce my return to blog-er-dom, but oh well. In my head it works.

After months and months (and months and months and months) of deciding what to do, I can officially say that the Austin vs. Dallas debate is over…at least for this round. I moved into my new place last weekend and so far so good. It’s a cool little apartment in the West Village and feels sort of hotel-ish. Maybe a weird comparison, but hey, I like hotels so it's all good. I’m still getting things put away and waiting for my couch to show up, but it’s nice to have my own place again. Not that living at home isn’t TOTALLY awesome. Love you, Mom and Lizzi! Pics to come once things are looking a bit less disastrous!

In other news, IT’S FOOTBALL SEASON. Allelujah, Little Baby Jesus! My Saturdays and Sundays (okay and Thursday and Monday nights too) just got way better. My Fantasy team's Week 1 was somewhat less than spectacular (yeah, not good at all actually), but it's Week 1. Not. Time. To. Panic.

What else, what else? I booked my flight to Vegas for Sally’s bachelorette party in December. That’s big-time exciting on multiple levels: 1) Sally’s getting married!! 2) It’s VEGAS! 3) Almost all of the Austin crew is going to be there. Plus LB. Plus Erica. Basically an all-around win.

Work has been kicking my rear, but that’s okay. I’m sure it will just make Baker realize that he wants to increase my salary to one cajillion dollars. Maybe two. Speaking of, I have Fruit of the Loom research to do. After Googling, “men’s underwear sales” at work and getting lots of banana hammocks in return, I decided to take a breather. But now I’m refreshed and ready to be a little more precise in my search terms.

‘Til next time…

4 comments:

  1. 1) You won this week! Not a stunning score, but still, a win's a win right? (Esp. against Saucedo.)
    2) Send me your Vegas flight times! I think I get in around 5 on Fri and leave around 7 on Sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I love reading your blog. So great! I'm also REALLL excited about football/vegas/your face.

    ReplyDelete