A few early observations:
- At Sterling Cooper, the men drink heavily. All the time. At The Richards Group, we're a little more straight-laced than that. Too bad, really.
- At Sterling Cooper, they smoke. Again, all the time. This one they can have. I hate cigarette smoke.
- At Sterling Cooper, they dress like professionals. The men in suits, the women in their “smart” little outfits. We – for the most part – dress like we're in college. Jeans, flip flops, etc. (Our account people would argue that they do dress like professionals. Fair enough.) I'm a little torn on this one. Although I do love the Mad Men fashion, there is also something to be said for being able to roll out of bed and get ready for work in 20 minutes...
- And last, but not least, is the male/female dynamic. Although some people would argue that The Richards Group is still boy's club-esque, we (women) have come a long way. Not all the way, but nobody's called me sweet T!T$ lately. 1 point, TRG.

I meant to tell you, if you want to not buy more DVDs, you can catch the episodes on www.casttv.com. You can only watch like 1 episode at a time but that's how I plowed through. Ohhhhh but you'd need the internet. Well. AFTER you get the internet....
ReplyDeleteHaha, too funny. I haven't seen a single episode either and am often embarrassed about that. Perhaps I should catch up with you so that we can enjoy Mad Men together with vino. :)
ReplyDeleteI have all of the discs if you want to borrow them this weekend when you are here. :)
ReplyDeleteSeason 2 definitely sucks you in, wait it out!