Tuesday, February 9, 2010

We The Jury...

I got my first ever jury summons a few weeks ago, and tomorrow is the big day. I know I'm supposed to be thinking of ways to get out of being picked – screaming Jesus Saves or calmly explaining to the lawyers that criminals should have their cajones chopped off – but I won't lie, I wouldn't mind being on a jury. I actually think it's pretty interesting. Michael Jackson's doctor's trial was today. Imagine what tomorrow might bring!

4 comments:

  1. You crack me up - seriously - I laugh out loud. And I can actually see how you totally acted out "Jesus Saves" with your hands flying and your scratchy voice accent when you typed this.

    I definitely got kicked off a jury panel once because I donated to a woman's shelter...it was a domestic violence case...it would not have gone well for the man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please scream "Jesus Saves" please I will pay good money to hear that story. And by good money I mean $22.99. You could get a lovely shirt at Forever 21 for that cash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I didn't get picked. Didn't even get called in to the room to POSSIBLY get picked. It was basically just a big waste of time (but not really because of civic duty and all that good stuff). Oh, and how random is this? There were TWO other people there I knew. One guy from college I haven't seen in four years and a guy I work with. What are the odds?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got my first jury duty call...on St. Patty's Day. REALLY? I'm going with Jesus Saves!

    ReplyDelete