Just over one month ago, Jackson Patrick Doak (aka Baby Jack) made his debut. So far he's been a pretty big hit with the family, and I think we're going to keep him.
The newborn thing is cute and all, but I'm excited for when he's a little older so he can laugh and play and realize that Aunt Amy is his favorite. It's a good thing he doesn't have a clue what's going on these days, though, because Aunt Lizzi is really bustin' my chops by crocheting (?), knitting (?), embroidering (yes...I think that's it!) an adorable baby blanket with animals all over. It's faaancy!
I guess it's only fair to give Baby Jack's parents some mention, seeing as they had a small part in him being here and all. Pat and Stacy seem to be doing great and adjusting well to their new arrival. Such fun to be starting a new little family!
P.S. This baby is certifiable Doak. Check out those blue peepers! More pics of Stacy to come one of these days. Looks like Dad is hogging the photo spotlight. =)

No fighting between favorite Aunts here. I'm sure he'll love us all the same.
ReplyDeleteHowever, I'm going to just have to bribe the kid with food when he gets older. That's pretty much all I do...eat...and you know that kid is gonna want to eat. So, he'll have to come on over to Aunt Anne's house where he won't even have to sneak anything. I'll just send him home when he gets sick. Can't decide if this will help make me the favorite Aunt or not, but it's worth a shot.
Anne -- Is it bad that that's what I do when I come over to your house and I leave feeling sick? You always have the good food we weren't allowed to have (and still can't have because after 24 years I STILL live with my mother) when we were kids. Except the gushers...I leave THAT to Amy.
ReplyDeleteAnd Amy...I hate to admit but he will definitely like you best when he is "old enough to know" as you put it. Hate you....
Congrats on being an auntie! I can't wait to hear what name he comes up with for you:) Although, it will be a bit before he starts talking....agreed so much more fun when they get a little older!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! Sorry I am just now catching up on all of this. With your private blog it doesn't show up in my feeder and I just realized it. What a fun day!
ReplyDelete