Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Starbuck's Gold

I was doing some work at Starbuck's yesterday (because what fun is Sunday without work?), and overheard some pretty awesome exchanges between two old men (mid-80s). "Friend 1" was particularly entertaining. Here are a few highlights I jotted down so I wouldn't forget:

Friend 1: "She didn't have a mean bone in her body. I mean she was so sweet. If you could just overlook her looking like a basketball. And she really did." 

Friend 2: "I woke up, decided I didn't want to get up so went back to bed, woke up again, and had an english muffin and marmalade."
Friend 1: "Oh boy, now that is great. I love a breakfast like that." 

Friend 1: "If I lose 40 pounds before I turn 86 – that's only a pound and a half per day for the next month, people do that you know – will you still think I'm as charming?"

Friend 1: "You ever freeze your grapes? I tell you – they are so darn good. Oh boy. You just put them in the freezer a couple hours. Man, they are so darn good. Like frozen candy or something."

Sometimes it's the little things. Hug a friend today!

3 comments:

  1. First, where did that amazing monkey latte picture come from? Second, those are hysterical quotes. What is it with old people and marmalade? Third, you need to post underwear excerpts too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious. I hope that when I'm old I'm just sitting around at Starbucks having ridiculous conversations with friends. :)

    ReplyDelete