Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Place

I love the beach. Love, love, love. So when I had the chance to go to LA a day before I had to start working, I was on it. And it was awesome. I saw my HS friend, Elizabeth, on Sunday, then spent all of Monday roaming. I drove to Malibu in the morning (I've always wanted to see it although I had no idea what to do once I got there); went to the Getty Villa (the Getty Center in LA was closed, but the Villa was still pretty awesome); checked into the Viceroy (baller hotel in Santa Monica); walked/shopped the streets of Santa Monica (including a trip to H&M where I found what I'm hoping will be my go-to white jeans for the season); got a manicure and pedicure (and perhaps a staph infection b/c the place turned out to be ghetto); walked along the beach and watched guys swing like crazy men on the rings at "muscle beach"; decided I should have the purse I left at Bloomingdales and walked back downtown to get it (I would now like to return it but am not sure how that's going to work out); had a glass of wine tried to get a glass of wine by the pool as I was reading before realizing that b/c of the time difference The Bachelor season finale was almost going to begin (another major event my day had been planned around); rushed out to find dinner (ended up being grapes & nuts from the grocery store...fail); then rushed back to watch Brad and Emily get engaged. Whew. Then Tuesday morning I got in a nice early morning run along the beach. Happiness, people. Happiness.


A little shopping center in Malibu, where I had breakfast in the morning. 

Getty Villa
Seriously? So awesome.
More...
Just your typical garden

Room at the Viceroy
(I've always been a sucker for fun hotels...they've just gotten more expensive
with time. The Embassy Suites used to really do it for me.)
Monkey Men
What is there not to be happy about here?

2 comments:

  1. That looks like it was so much fun!!! Love all the pics. And glad you managed to keep your hotel window in tact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful! I'm heading out there in May, can't wait now!

    ReplyDelete