Thursday, November 4, 2010

In Case You Were Wondering...


Thanks to the unlocked wireless network (appropriately named "whatever"), I'm the proud owner stealer of WiFi this evening.

Before you keep reading, let me share some history. My 8th grade class voted on superlatives for the yearbook – most popular, most athletic, etc. I was voted most random. Thus, today's post.

- Probably two months ago, Lizzi and I went to Medieval Times (we had free tickets and it was the last day we could use them). We got there, bought a bottle of wine, watched maybe the first 10 minutes then left – both feeling a little nauseous. Partly from the lipstick stains on the wine glasses, partly from those poor trick horses. If you ever consider going (and I doubt you will), just say no!
- I finally got the raise I've been blabbing about forever. I'm rich bitch!! I'm not as poor as I used to be! Wee!
- The gym, directly underneath my apartment building, has been waiting for my lazy self to make an appearance. A couple weeks ago, it finally happened. I haven't gotten the gold star for attendance, per se, but it's all about baby steps. 
- In the past month(ish) I've been to two concerts (Vampire Weekend and Ghostland) at the Palladium here in Dallas. Not astounding numbers, I know, but for me, relatively impressive. And by impressive I mean sad. In more ways than one. Both times I thought I might have a seizure or get sick from all of the strobe lights and vibrating floors. I'm so hip.
- I've gotten a little crafty in the kitchen lately – some attempts much more successful than others. I have a funny picture from tonight's fun Tri-Delt supper club, but I think I'll save that for its own post. And to build the astounding suspense I know it will build. 
- A few week ago I went to Hot Springs, Arkansas with some high school friends. I could do a separate post about that but since the highlights include several trips to Walmart and finding an ice cream store open past 6pm, I think I'll just leave that there.
- And finally, since the Cowboys are so amazing this year, I decided I should go support the superstars at Jerry-town. Our Orkin client (a big Giants fan) was in town, so we got hooked up with a suite and got to check out the "new" stadium (I hadn't been yet). Not the most amazing football game, but let's be honest – when you're there the game is hardly relevant.

What did I tell you? Random, right? Sealed and delivered.

1 comment: