Monday, November 22, 2010

Wanna Chat?

In case it wasn't already clear, I have a weird job. Interesting, but weird. I'm testing out this online research tool for Orkin that allows you to recruit people who fit whatever criteria you define, then have an online chat session with them. For this project, I recruited people who have a pest control service. See the bounty of insights I (using Robert's log-in info) got:

Robert: do you remember when you first thought about hiring a company how you went about finding the right one?
Guest: yes
Robert: ok, so how did you go about it then?
Guest: online search engine i am found that company 1year back
Robert: so you just typed in pest control and they popped up?
Guest: yes
Robert: and what made you choose them vs. the other companies that popped up?
Guest: notsure
Robert: ok, well what sort of things were most important to you?
Guest: ok
Guest: live and how beautiful my house may appear
Guest: I am always clean my house
Robert: I'm sorry, I'm not sure I follow. I was just wanting to know what things were most important to you when selecting a pest control company...

Fail.

3 comments: