Perhaps we can use this as a learning moment. A moment to consider what might have happened to the small child living inside my not-so-child-size belly in this picture had I – say – eaten a grape off my head instead of the bag of Oreos I likely downed before the show. For ENERGY mom!
In case you're wondering, we put on a helluva show. Dancing our hearts out to Copacabana. Actually, that's a lie. Apparently people in the audience were crying they were laughing so hard. It was not a comedy routine.

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh...I am laughing SO hard at my desk. PLEASE tell me you have a video. That is the most hilarious thing I have ever seen.
ReplyDeleteHa! I love it!
ReplyDeleteI am with Lindsay if there is any sort of video of this please just host a small screening I think this is the most amazing pic ever!! I laugh every time I see it.
ReplyDeleteI just gotta say, given the name of your blog and it's accompanying picture your twirling days were obviously cemented in your brain early. I also stand by my assertion that you WANTED to be in the talent show, but couldn't figure out the talent portion. Thus Carmen Miranda/Copacabana/Barry Manilow! You may not have actually twirled, I couldn't see through the tears. KD
ReplyDeleteLOVVVVVEEEEE
ReplyDeleteThis is an absolute classic! I love knowing you (and hopefully everyone else) have pictures like this in your hidden boxes of childhood memories. It's part of growing up, right? Things like this build character. And for you, sweet Amy, it is just one more reason why I love having you as a SIL!! You crack me up!
ReplyDelete