Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer Remix

Here begins my attempt to catch-up on some recent summer things...


After meaning to go for a long time, I finally got out to Ad-Libs – an improv show that a couple of creatives I work with are in, together, every so often. I don't have a video, and this picture is bad, so you'll just have to trust me that it was really funny and worth checking out. Except the part where my 41-year old pod-mate (yes, I said pod-mate) decided I needed an up-close-and-personal view of his derrière as he did his Joe the Plumber routine. Am I scarred? Yes. Will I go again? Yes. 


After hearing about some pretty intense summer rehearsals, I was excited to see The McKinney Summer Musicals' rendition of Damn Yankees starring the entire Robertson/Kelso clan. Seriously. Lindsay's mom was the director and Lindsay, Brice, and Mr. Kelso were ALL in it. I went with Allison and Shaun and we had lots of fun seeing our little Lindsay perform on the stage. Lindsay is pretty much always in full-out performance mode, but it was fun to see her on a stage with an audience this time. (Haha, I LOVE  you Lindz!) Aren't the two of them adorable in this pic? Oh, there was also a little bonus prize at the show – seeing Lindsay's Aunt FAL (Favorite. Aunt. Linda.) who lives in Austin and who I first met in college when she invited Lindsay and her friends over to decorate Christmas cookies. After turning a camel into a Ninja Turtle, I think I cemented a place in her heart. And hers in mine. 


Although my still albino legs would beg to differ, I finally feel like I've gotten in some good pool time this summer. I don't have a pool, but Anne does, and I'm not – in any way – above sneaking into pools. If you know of any good ones (and their related key codes) don't be shy about sharing. ;) Per the picture, I've also been brushing up on some great American literature. I finished "Are you There Vodka, It's Me, Chelsea" which I recommend as well as Heather McDonald's "You'll Never Blue Ball in this Town Again" which I also recommend. If you are in any way offended by politically incorrect or raunchy talk, however, I think these books are completely distasteful.



No doubt it's summertime at work as well. I reaaaaally got the creative juices flowing the other day and decided to make a creative briefing, well, creative. I know it doesn't look like much, but the above "mural" was 12-feet long and required a trip to A Teacher's Aide. The idea was to get the creatives amped up and to convey that since Shamrock Farms has its own cows on its own farm, there's a shorter distance to go from the farm to consumers, which all means it's the freshest. That's what you got from my kindergarten art project, right? Stan might prefer that I focus on arts and crafts at home vs. on his dime, but I make no apologies. When inspiration strikes, it STRIKES!


I went to Austin for Emily's birthday and to float the river (and because Austin is the bomb diggity and there's no real "reason" needed to convince me to go). I mixed up the same yummy drink Juli concocted last time we went (Crystal Light lemonade + water + vodka), and it was delicious. Unlike last time, however, I did not break a toe. A real win win as far as I'm concerned. DJ was our church van DD and we went to The Gristmill after. All around A+ Saturday.


Back to Dallas. Last week, after a really long few days of work, Rebecca, Kristin, Meg, and I went to an outdoor concert at The Arboretum. We grabbed some Whole Foods to-go, and thanks to RB had a picnic blanket, comfy chairs, and delicious Chicken Wine (don't ask). It was a fun, relaxing, and surprisingly unique evening in Dallas. Good stuff. Oh! The people in front of us had these super cool things that stick into the ground to hold your bottle of wine and wine glasses. Excellent invention, Crate and Barrel. 

2 comments:

  1. Love this post!!! Your kindergarten art project was amazing, did people comment and/or hire you to do more? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm,I am SO honored that I made it to your blog!

    ReplyDelete