Now on to Vespas!! My brother, Mike, and his wife, Laura, just moved to Bermuda! Mike has worked in NYC for the past several years, but one of his clients out in Bermuda hired him away. All I have to say is that their offer for us to visit is not going to go untaken. Anne and I have already talked about if going for Labor Day is too soon (I think the answer is a definite yes). I’m excited for them because they are totally pumped about it. (I am also excited for selfish reasons. Does putting this in parenthesis make it seem like this is a secondary excitement to their primary excitement? Mmmmk, good). Their house is right on the beach. How sweet is that? Oh! You might be wondering what this has to do with Vespas. In Bermuda each household is limited to one car, so most people ride around on Vespas. Kinda fun, right?! One more fun fact – “Men in Bermuda are never shy about revealing their knees. Standard business dress for men incorporates colourful linen or worsted wool shorts, worn with shirt, tie and blazer, plus the characteristic knee socks.” Can’t wait to see my fashion-forward brother try this out. ;)
Monday, July 12, 2010
Motorcycles & Vespas
Several weeks ago I rode a motorcycle for the first time. I'd like to just leave the story there – so if I happen to re-read this when I'm 50 I'll think about how cool I was back in the day – but for accuracy's sake I guess I'll tell the real story. Sigh. The real story is that Brian (LB’s husband…what what!!) came to get me from another (nameless) friend's home who happens to live in the same sub-division as LB & Brian but who’s company was otherwise occupied that evening. ;) Long story short, I rode with Brian from one house to the other. Estimated distance? Maybe half of a mile. It was fun in that trying something new way, but I won’t lie, the entire time I kept thinking about how I was going to die and how mad my mom would be. We were going approximately 10 to 15 mph the entire way. Obviously I’m a pretty big daredevil. Anyway, I can now check that off the bucket list. Not sure it was ever on it, but it’s checked off nonetheless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hahaha, you're hilarious. Rick definitely has a motorcycle, and he used to load the entire Robertson clan on it when we were little kiddos. Yes, that was my family of four driving around our neighborhood on Sunday evenings...
ReplyDeleteThat's okay, I always think I'm going to die when I'm on it too. I'm not sure there's really any other way to ride ;)
ReplyDeleteNow, about you needing a personal assistant on your trip to Bermuda, it turns out, I am available!