Monday, May 3, 2010

Billy the Exterminator

One of my clients at work is Orkin, and because of that I got roped into going to an event last week for the A&E network, which has a show called Billy The Exterminator. Clearly, I needed to be there. (Side note: we get to do really fun ads for Orkin, like this one.) 

Not that I really care, because I’ve never heard of the show or this guy, but Billy (that’s right - THE Billy) was worked up as being the evening's entertainment. In fact, the e-mail from the rep said "As I mentioned, Billy the Exterminator is going to join us as our color commentator! Should be a hoot. He is reputed to be scary smart about all things 'critter', and absolutely delightful. That report comes from someone I know and love, so I take it as credible." Sort of makes you think the guy is going to speak, doesn’t it? Mmmmyeah, not so much. He was around to chit chat (no, I did not chit chat with him), but nada otherwise. Sneaky reps. I don't know about y'all, but a clean cut guy like Billy is exactly who I'd want ringing my doorbell to get rid of critters. 

On the bright side, I did get to see Union Station for the first time, free drinks, free Wolfgang Puck catering (A+), a little bonding time with co-workers, a DVD of Ice Road Truckers (what?!? it looks goood!), and a $25 itunes gift card for showing up! 

2 comments: